Please could anyone who has just been to sri Lanka put a review on the forum thank you Wendy

I too would love to read review on Sri Lanka trip as interested in doing this holiday in November. Jan

[quote='winnie59#' pid='41626' dateline='1555270015']
Please could anyone who has just been to Sri Lanka put a review on the forum thank you Wendy
[/quote]

There are a couple of reviews already in this section, see for example https://www.onetraveller.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?tid=4769

I went in August 2015 (I chose August because that is when there is the greatest concentration of elephants) and thoroughly enjoyed it: Sri Lanka is a wonderful island which packs so much and such variety into such a small island. There is everything here: beautiful landscapes, history, culture, wild life, friendly people . . .

The organisation, as ever with OT's long-haul trips, was excellent - one of OT's great strengths is the well-crafted itineraries, and this was no exception. The hotels were all good, the coach was comfortable, the train journey up to Nuwara Eliya was spectacular, and we were lucky to have the services of one of OT's best tour guides, and one of the best national guides.

There are two optional excursions, both recommended:

- The ascent of Sigiriya Rock: not really a climb, as it is all climbing staircases and is taken at a very comfortable pace, so no problem if you are reasonably fit and have a head for heights.

- Horton Plains: a trek, rather like a fairly strenuous hike in the Dales, mostly easy going but with a couple of places where a walking pole would be useful - again, no problem for anyone who is used to hiking. It is a very early (pre-dawn) start - but well worth it to be able to experience the wonderful sunrise. Do this if you possibly can!

The beaches on the SW coast (Beruwela) are very good, and the sunsets are fabulous: I am not a "beach person", so I did not do the add-on there - but afterwards I regretted not having done so.

An annotated slide show of my visit in August 2015 can be found here:
http://tinyurl.com/zscwnd5

Take your camera - with lots of spare SD cards!

Jim