Family run company
Fully escorted holidays
Small groups
No single supplements


Posted 10/02/2019 : By: Melissa Brazier

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

In 22 of the 27 EU countries the British rank in the top five of all visitors. In Italy alone, last year there were over three and a half million UK visitors and advice from ABTA and the relevant foreign ministries of all those countries tells us that they would not hinder people’s entrance into their country which also becomes an important source of revenue supporting livelihoods in their respective countries. We are not worried…and neither should our guests be.

We are in the process of updating our advice as follows….


British Citizen and EU Citizen Passport holders can currently enter all EU countries and Switzerland freely with no restrictions or other documentation required.

As the UK will be leaving the European Union you must ensure that your passport is still valid for six months after the date of your return.

For the most up to date entry requirements and travel advice we recommend that you log on and enter your passport details into, the simple to use, foreign office passport checker website which will tell you immediately if your passport will need renewing before your holiday.


Whilst the UK remains in the European Union

For travel to all countries in the European Union it is important that you have a European Health Insurance Card (EHIC). This replaces the old E111 and should you require medical help whilst away in most cases you will be able to use this card along with your passport and you should not be charged in a hospital. Doctor’s clinics may on some occasions charge as it is up to their discretion. If you do not already possess one of these cards you can apply for one online by visiting:, or by calling 0300 330 1350. There is no cost for the card, so be aware of some websites which may try to charge. Please note that you will still require your own holiday insurance.

After the UK leaves the European Union

The European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) will no longer be valid for UK citizens. Adequate insurance cover will be required for all hospital emergencies and doctors’ visits. We do require details of your travel insurance policy well in advance of your departure.

Back to News