Family Run Company
ATOL & ABTA Bonded
No Single Person Charges
Pre-holiday Get Together

How will a no deal Brexit affect my travel?

Posted 09/08/2019 : By: Netmatters Support

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Passport and entry requirements

Be assured we are not worried if there is no deal and neither should you be. UK citizens will not need a visa for travel to EU countries, according to European Commission proposals. You can stay for up to 90 days in any 180-day period. Basically, it is business as usual! You will just need to ensure that your passport has six months validity after the date of your return.

Healthcare and insurance requirements

If there’s no deal, your EHIC card for free healthcare may not be valid after October 31st when travelling to EU countries. It’s very important you get travel insurance.

One Traveller recommends Citybond Travelsure insurance which is fully approved by ABTA who exist to protect and support the British travelling public. They offer comprehensive single trip or annual policies with no upper age limit and cover for over 300 medical conditions as well as travel disruption cover and cancellation cover up to £10,000.

Back to News