Southern Sights and Sounds
This holiday encompasses the music, history and unique culture of a part of the USA that cherishes and respects its history. Fulfil a lifetime dream of indulging in the rhythms of the south, soul, country, blues, rock ‘n’ roll and jazz. Elvis Presley changed music forever, and you will see where and how it all started. Antebellum plantation homes and civil war history amidst the land of cotton bring you into contact with warm, friendly folk with wonderful southern accents. This holiday is a relaxed tour with a well-paced itinerary and hotels of a good standard, with many meals and all entrance fees included. As they say in the south, “Y’all gonna lurv it!”
You have a choice of departure dates
|When can I go?||Cost||Book|
|Nov 12th – 26th, 2013
|Feb 19th – 6th Mar, 2014
(Mardi Gras Tour)
You have a choice of departure airports
Airline: Delta Airlines
Departure Airport: Heathrow airport
Flight Departure Time: 11.50
Return Flight Arrival Time: 12.00
Length of flight to Atlanta: 8 hrs 40 mins
Regional connecting flights with Virgin are available (for a supplement which can be as little as £85 return) from the following airports: Aberdeen, Glasgow and Manchester.
- Direct flights to Atlanta returning from New Orleans via Miami
- All Transfers between airports and hotels
- All other transportation as detailed in the itinerary
- Services of a Tour Manager (who will be with you throughout your holiday)
- Porterage throughout
- 13 Nights in four-star Hotels
- Welcome dinner and drinks
- All breakfasts included
- Four dinners with live music
- City tours of Atlanta, Chattanooga, Nashville, Memphis and New Orleans
- Excursions as follows: Rock city Gardens and the Incline Railway in Chattanooga, The Grand Ole Opry, Country Music Hall of Fame, RCA Studio B, Casey Jones Railroad Museum, Elvis Presley’s Graceland Platinum Tour, Sun Studios, BB KING Museum and Delta Blues Interpretative Center, Private Blues Concert and lunch
- Farewell Mississippi Sternwheeler Cruise with included cocktail
- Jack Daniels distillery and Lynchburg
- Tupelo and Elvis Presley Birthplace
- Oak Alley Plantation
- Cajun Swamp Tour
What's NOT included?
- Holiday Insurance (you need to arrange your own but we can help). For more information, please see our suggested insurance services.
- Meals not listed (your Tour Manager will make sure the group eat together and food in the states in good value for money)
- ESTA US visa waiver fee ($14). Permission to travel to the US is now needed by applying and registering for an ESTA. This is available online only and is very simple to complete. The US government makes a charge of $14 for this. You must have your passport and a credit card handy. Please CLICK HERE to proceed with your ESTA.. Once you submit the form a number will be given - please print this page for your records. If you are unable to complete this we can arrange a convenient time to do this for you. Please note an admin charge of £25 would apply.
Your passport must be valid for at least 6 months after the return date of the holiday.
Please visit our Hotels page.
The itinerary for this holiday can be viewed here.