China - Information
This holiday of a lifetime is packed with interesting sights and experiences. In Beijing you will see the Great Wall of China, Tiananmen Square and the Forbidden City; in Xi’an the Terracotta Warriors; in Chengdu the Pandas; and in Shanghai, the famous waterfront and Chinese acrobatics. All meals, excursions, sightseeing, entrance fees, evening shows and additional touches such as boat cruises are included.
For more information about China, please click on the links on the left of the page under the "Our Holidays" heading.
You have a choice of departure dates
|When can I go?||Cost||Go|
|20 Aug – 31 Aug, 2013
|29 Oct – 09 Nov, 2013
|£2190.00 (9 places available)
You have a choice of departure airports
Airline: British Airways
Length of flight: 9 hrs 40 mins
Approximate flight departure time: 16.35
Approximate return flight arrival time: 15.35
Regional connecting flights with British Airways which can cost as little as £85 return are available to Heathrow from the following airports:
- Aberdeen, Belfast, Cork, Dublin, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Jersey, Leeds Bradford, Manchester, Newcastle upon Tyne and Shannon
One Traveller is a British Airways appointed Operator.
- Direct flight to Beijing and returning on a direct flight from Shanghai (all with British Airways)
- All internal flights (3 in total)
- All transportation as detailed in the itinerary, including a Maglev train journey (the world’s first magnetic levitation train service)
- 10 nights accommodation in luxury four-star hotels throughout your holiday
- All hotel porterage for one piece of luggage per person
- Hosted welcome drinks reception
- All meals in China (with a drink included at every lunch and evening meal)
- Special Peking Duck dinner
- All excursions as detailed in the itinerary, including a visit to the Panda Conservation Centre
- Visit to a UNESCO Water Town
- High Speed Maglev Train Journey
- Peking Opera, Tang Dynasty Show & Shanghai Acrobats
- Hosted farewell dinner
- Exclusive services of a One Traveller Tour Manager
- Services of a local English-speaking guide in each city
- All UK and overseas airport taxes and security charges
What’s not included?
- Holiday Insurance (you need to arrange your own but we can help). Click here for more details.
Chinese Visa (£95.00). We will obtain a China Visa for you (unless you tell us otherwise) using the information supplied at the time of booking. Please note that if flying on a regional connecting flight it will be necessary for us to obtain an individual visa rather than a group visa. As part of this application process we will require your passport up to 6 weeks before departure. The cost of the visa will be added to your confirmation invoice at the time of booking. Please note that your passport must be valid for at least 6 months after the date of your return.
All meals are included whilst in China. Breakfast is Western Style. Each lunch and Dinner is always taken as a group and we will try different Chinese delicacies. Each region of China that we will visit will specialise in different types of food. One Traveller firmly believes that the food is a very important part of the holiday.
Your passport must be valid for the entire duration of the tour.
Please visit our Hotels page.
The itinerary - 2013
The itinerary for this holiday can be viewed here.