Berlin, Potsdam and Dresden - holiday information
Berlin has a dark history but today has risen to become a vibrant city with 2 beating hearts; with some of Europe’s greatest museums. Once Hitler's nerve centre and the battleground of the Cold War, the two sides of Berlin reflect this with varied architecture such as medieval quarters, the glorious street of Unter den Linden and the communist Karl Marx Allee. Close by, Potsdam with the opulent palaces of Frederick the Great. Outside Berlin lays the extremely beautiful Spree Valley (accessible only by hand steered punts where you can watch the world drift by) and of course Dresden, a city which has been rebuilt to historical perfection – a magnificent city which has risen like a phoenix from the ashes.
You have a choice of departure dates
|When can I go?||Cost||Go|
|April 25th – 30th, 2013
|June 27th – 2nd July, 2013
(only 1 place available!)
|Sept 12th – 17th Sept, 2013
(3 places available)
You have a choice of departure airports
Airline: British Airways
Departure Airport: Heathrow airport
Flight Departure Time: 10.55
Return Flight Arrival Time: 13.20
Length of flight: 1 hr 40 mins
Fly direct to Berlin from any of the following airports for a small supplement of £40: Birmingham, Bristol, Dublin, Edinburgh, Gatwick, Luton, Liverpool, Southend (July and September dates only) and Stansted
The extra charge is incurred because logistically extra administration is required and arrangements have to be made to have you met personally and escorted by taxi transfer separately from the main departure airport. Where an alternative airline is used we include 20 kg luggage allowance and a first to board the aircraft service (where possible).
Regional connecting flights are available (for a supplement which can be as little as £85 return) from the following airports: Aberdeen, Belfast, Cork, Edinburgh, Jersey, Leeds Bradford, Manchester, Newcastle upon Tyne and Shannon.
- Return Scheduled flights with British Airways from and to the UK
- 5 nights’ accommodation in your own spacious double room including breakfast
- 3 evening meals
- Excursions as follows: Guided city tour with free time in the heart of Berlin, Potsdam Tour with entrance into the Sanssouci Palace, Dresden with guided city tour
- Transport from & to the airport
- Hosted Welcome Drinks Reception on arrival day
- Executive Coach on all trips
- Hosted farewell drinks reception
- Services of a One Traveller Tour Manager (who is there exclusively for the group)
- All UK and overseas airport taxes and security charges
- Berlin by night with dinner
- Day trip to the Spree Valley
- Classical concert and dinner in the Charlottenburg Palace
What's NOT included?
Holiday Insurance (you need to arrange your own but we can help). For more information, please see our suggested insurance services.
This allows you to travel stress free to the main airport out of rush hour traffic check in at a four star Doubletree by Hilton Hotel (formerly Ramada) where you will be greeted by our host, and relax before dinner. The ice will be truly broken with your fellow travellers that evening over included welcome drinks and a three course dinner all hosted by a One Traveller representative who will be there to answer any questions about the holiday. The following morning breakfast is included as well transfers to the airport where our host will escort you and assist with check in. It’s a great start and highly recommended for first time single travellers and anyone feeling somewhat apprehensive. The price is £120.00 and includes:
- Nights’ accommodation (with en-suite) at the Heathrow Ramada Hotel – 4 Star
- Welcome drink
- 3 course meal with fellow travellers
- Private taxi transfer to the airport the following morning
- Services of a One Traveller host
If you require parking at the hotel for the duration of your stay we can arrange this at a special negotiated fee of £6 per day for the duration of your holiday. Please inform us when booking.
Your passport must be valid for the entire duration of the tour.
Please visit our Hotels page.
The itinerary for this holiday can be viewed here.